Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first cougar a 68 302 4v. (traded some guitars for it)

So far I've replaced the carb, fuel pump, ordered a new Hedman dual exhaut system from summit racing and put new dunlop g/t qualifiers on it. The guitars were free so my total investment so far is about $800.

I joined this forum mostly for the technical help a lot of you offer, it's definately come in handy and I'm thankful.

Now if were really a cougar community I think we should have a section somewhere just for things like Vacuum diagrams, wiring diagrams, tune-up charts.. etc... Like the photo gallery with the charts sectioned by year.

just a suggestion.

Lets do what we can to keep our cats purrrring.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
sounds like a good idea. i know a few guys on here have the vacuum diagrams so if you need a copy of one, it shouldnt be too hard to come by. i have a vacuum diagram for a 1970 ( i think ) but its worked fine for my 69. wiring diagrams are around here too somewhere. and welcome aboard man, youll learn alot from her. oh yeah, and trading stuff rules lol.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
that is a good idea, but most wiring and vaccuum manuals are 20 pages each. No offence but thats alot of work to put up for a free site, and then the site would need an upgrade for bandwidth, and cost alot more per month (which comes out of Logans pocket). You can pick up most manuals from jim osbourn or a few other vendors for 6.-15.US each, so its not really worth it. Thats just my take on it, and usually if anyone needs help with any specific diagram, most guys/gals here would gladly scan the section and email it to you :) If you have a manual you would like to scan and send it that would be great, or one of us would have to buy them and scan them, and tht could get kinda pricey. Hope you see my point. :)

Rick

but I could be total off base.

Rick

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Please guys/gals, scan and send to Logan, start with the 1972's and then 1970's, and then I don't really care what order you go in :D :D

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Oops, Hi Tazak, welcome to the forum and thanks for the great suggestion, sorry, forgetting my manners there for a minute.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I tried scanning my copies of the 70 manual,, but it wont work. Its not a manual actually, its just photocopies of one, and is not a book, its full pages of them, and they are bigger then my scanner. If I did sections, it would take forever and its cheaper to buy one :)

Rick

but if your stuck, and need a specific section, I will try it for a 70, but no quarenntee it will work, or you will be able to read it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll look at my 68 shop manual tonight and see if I can scan the electrical diagrams into a file. The manual is for more models than just the Cougar, but that section is 4 or 5 pages if I remember correctly. I haven't had reason to look for the vacuum diagrams yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
69 Manual

Hey everyone i bought one of those CDc ot the 69 shop manuals off of ebay, so if Anyone needs anything from the 69 manual let me know.

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going today to see if I can find a shop manual for the 68, I'll try to set them up as zipped pdf files. Maybe I can set up a link to a Yahoo folder and post them there to save bandwidth.

We'll figure something out.

Happy holidays.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Rick, if its possible I would really appreciate the part on handbrakes, mine does'nt 'click' in place, I can push it down but it does'nt make that rachetty sound [click click click] and it does'nt lock in place, it did it one time, not again, cable is all there but Stephen says it looks like some piece is missing, not sure what piece cos' we have no idea what is supposed to be there:)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
No sweat Rick, anyone else have any pictures of the handbrake system, would look at the 72's except its all covered up:)

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Tazak

Most of the Cougar vendors have a booklet called 1968 Cougar Wiring Diagram Manual. You will find this invaluable as it also shows the cable route and mounting points.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have wiring diagrams and vacuum diagrams but no scanner..LOL

Hey Leonbray, where did you get the picture of a '67 convertible??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts