Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so; does anyone know where it is located so that I can repair or replace it???
Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
945 Posts
Are you speaking of the buzzer that sounds if your lights are on and you open the car door ? I think its the same buzzer as if you leave your keys in the ignition (engine off) and you open the door. Have you checked the fuse? :smoke:

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I open the door with the lights on, the keys in the ign. and "tap" on the dash; that buzzer goes off. But if I take the keys out and leave the headlights on and then open the door; there is no buzzing even if I "pound" on the dash???

Are you speaking of the buzzer that sounds if your lights are on and you open the car door ? I think its the same buzzer as if you leave your keys in the ignition (engine off) and you open the door. Have you checked the fuse? :smoke:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Ok, on mine, if I leave the key in the ignition, engine off, lights off, and open the door the buzzer goes off. If I take the keys out of the ignition and have the lights on, open the door, I think its the same buzzer going off. Pounding on the dash to get the buzzer to go off sounds like a lose connection in the dash. Can you try my scenario because it sounds like your only getting the key in the ignition buzzer by pounding on the dash and nothing for the lights, btw, nice looking vert :smoke:

·
Registered
945 Posts
From what I can see, from paperwork not visual, the headlight relay is located behind the golve box and the key buzzer which I think is the same as the light buzzer is on the relay panel maybe above the glove box. The key relay is located under the right side of the instrument panel :smoke:

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help CatsRock. I'll pull off my dash pad and start exploring.
By the way; your Cougar is no slouch either!
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts