Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my passenger side torque box and repaired the sub frame over the weekend. Now Im just now thinking of the fact that I rusto'ed the front of the torque box. and Rusto'ed inside the subframe and floor support. But I did not spray anything to the area's that are boxed in by the torque box......

Now I am having nightmares of 4 years from now my torque box rotting all over again. Do you think I should cut everything out again, or am I just being paranoid. by the way I had one hell of a time doing this whole project, the thought of doing it again makes my knees weak.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Maybe cut a small hole at the bottom middle of the box so you can get a spray extension in there - like the red straw that comes with wd40 cans.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I agree, drill a small hole and spray something in the use a rubber plug to fill the hole. Then if you ever want to redo, just pop the plug and spray away!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Eastwood makes a rust inhibitor in a spray can that comes with a spray extension, I works well and the hole would only have to be 1/4 inch at the most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts