Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new stock coil springs from Laurel Mountain Mustang and they are shorter than the old ones and the new ones have one less coil on it...or so it looks. I want to keep stock ride height so should i be worried?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
They have original ride height, and 1" shorter ride height springs. Either way they are shorter/heftier than originals. What year is your Cougar?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant post link but if you type in 'cougar-srk-70-sbps' in the search box on LM mustang site it will show the kit

·
Registered
749 Posts
I don't know about your springs, but in my experience with my car, any time you buy something for a Cougar from a retailer that specializes in Mustangs, you should worry. Most will sell you pretty much anything and tell you it's the same between a Mustang and a Cougar. Oh, and I think there is a "sticky" thread on how to post pictures I remember seeing somewhere.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Do yourself a favor and send back the LMM coil springs, i got a set of 1" drop springs for my 68, they where too low and too soft for my car, compared to the 1" lowering springs from WCCC i got for another 68, read everywhere that even drop springs had to be cut to be low enough, even with the shelby drop, but with the Shelby drop my wheels dissappeared into the wheelwells, then i put the uca back to stock location, still too low, even lower than my saggy stock coils, so i just got a new set of coils from WCCC to put in it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts