Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the dark days of winter coming yes finally I procrastinated long enough to tear down and paint. hey It took 20 years to finally get the cat back so whats one year driving it.Any wayI got all the parts,wireing diagram,chassie manual,I would like to get a body manual.Where can you people hook me up with one?Are those CD- 5 volume jobs any good(49.95)?It looks like they do the whole line.I just want the 69 cougar part(body)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
wouldnt the book be cheaper?? im sure someone has a CD here and with err, new advances in technology im sure they would be able to put a copy in your hands for a much lower price... .hint hint. not that i would ever do something like that at all. on a completely different note -- i err, borrowed a CD from work that has paint chip pages from all american cars from the late 30s until 1972. ummm... thanks to technology i now have a copy.... ( shifty eyes ) he he

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Check out e-bay... i got a manual frfom Detriot iron and it's pretty good , but you need a body assenbly manual

Don

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I did a feature on the detroit iron cds in last months TCCN. they are worth every dime. you get the actual manuals from what the dealer had in 1969. so you get wiring parts engine brakes vacuum you name it, but not a body assmbly manual. best part is they never go bad or get full of dirty finger prints. print out what you need and then throw it away when the job is done. plus no cumbersome manuals laying around the shop that mice love to chew the corners out of. I highly recomend them i have them for my 69/70 and 57 bird and i will never go back to volumes again. one note is that the software is a little bugy to load but they have excellent technical service that will help you walk through it if you have problems like in my case loading three different books soon to be five as i add a 67 and 68 to my den. on ebay you can get them all day long for 35.00. just wait and snipe one at the end as they will always keep listing them. and from what i can tell you can bid on any one as they ask you to specify what year and model even after your bid so you may want to call them and ask if it really matters on what one your bidding on.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
CD!

I just bought a set from a vendor thru LSCC, and it is fantastic.
Have only used it once, but it leaves nothing to question.
I just printed off the sheet I wanted and went to the garage, threw them away when I was thru. They were very dirty.
CD is great.:D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Body assembly

If I remember I got one from the library for my 67.It was one book and everything was in it.I forgot to return it.And Itossed i it the trunk when I sold it in 77.But theCDs have everything but the body.?Its the only one I need.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I got paper manuals 5 volume set plus wireing diagrans and Vacuum diagrams. I didn't know they were available on CD at time. I would get CD.

My paper is dogeared in just 2 months of use.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
i will check tonight and see but i dont think they came with a body assembly manual but i will check to make sure. the added bonus if you get the one for 69 or seventy you also have the parts for all mercury lincolns for this time period.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts