Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a car transport company to ship their cougar? I need to get mine from Detroit area down to western Maryland. I dont think my Jeep grand cherokee is up for the task. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Not to be evasive, but like everything else it all comes down to time and money. Are you ok with an open trailer, sometimes you can them for a couple of hundred bucks but on the other side of the coin an enclosed trailer will run you more and if you pick one of the antique/classic carriers the price goes up. Plus with some of the carriers you will want them to have a full load to lower your price and then you have to wait on their delivery schedule. Somehow I just relaized I probably posted the obvios :smoke:

·
Registered
784 Posts
I've used a couple different shipping companies for different cars of mine. I used www.uship.com, and it was pretty simple to choose because multiple carriers will bid for you business. I'm a big fan of the site, so for forth and get good shipping quotes!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I second uship that way pick who you want if you can wait sometime Soyuz can pick up a single or dual car hauler and those to me always seem to work the best vs the 18 wheeler with 6 cars...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've used many services, but would recommend a "Name Brand" and would definitely stay away from DAS. I had a huge problem when they damaged my car and refused to pay for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts