Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I've located a 69 Cougar project in California, and the only problem is, I'm in Flordia and it's still in San Diego! Well, I looked at a car shipment company online and it quoted me over 1000 dollars to ship it. The car itself doesn't even cost that much! Does anyone know of any lower priced or at least reasonable shipping carriers. The car does run and have brakes, so it is just like any other car. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hmm, that sounds like a bit much to me. Shipping from California to the Netherlands cost me $950. Maybe the guys that got it shipped for me can help you out. He's a friendly guy and might be able to help you out here for it's what he does for a living (selling and shipping californian classics all over the world).
Here's a link to his website:

http://www.memorylaneclassics.nl/

Good luck with it!

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i tried to get quotes for shipping cars before with a Camaro i helped sell on Ebay before. it was in Ohio and i got a few quotes to ship the car for distances that were in the area of about 1200 miles or so. the car didnt run so that was a major factor for it. most of the quotes fell into the $900 range, but take off about $150 if the car runs and drives. that was for an open container carrier as well. so Roughly $800 - 900 seems about normal for an open carrier truck to ship a running car back to Florida.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I got a place in West Palm Beach to ship it door to door for $750. A very good price, I think.

·
11,000 Posts
Please let me know who has the best deal, I am close to needing the same service.

·
Registered
885 Posts
$750 is a really good deal door to door. I paid a freelance Texas trucker $400 to haul my '93 Yamaha GTS 1000 from Kansas City to Livermore about 4 years ago. You likely can't do much better price wise.

Steve C.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
DroptopCougr said:
Yes, that is the 69 XR7 near you, Tim. The elderly owner is being very helpful with shipping. The company is Ron Bailey transport.

http://ronbaileytransport.com/

I believe it is inexpensive because I'm rather close to their depot.
That explains why the owner hasn't called me back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts