Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
pretty car

Steve,
that is 1 pretty looking cat i wish you the best of luck with it, i`m sure you will have alot of fun and enjoyment of driving it...
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator MADCATT(turning it into a pro touring car SUICIDE style)

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's awesome! I go to pick mine up today too - of course, it looks nothing like that. It's been sitting in an old lady's barn for the last 4 years..... a little restoration anyone?

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is one really good looking Cougar! Congrats! You won't look back now...:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nitcat said:
Great! I'll bet you'll be glad when she's off the truck and you're behind the wheel. Not to scare you, but follow this link and you can get an idea of what you don't want to happen! http://www.dcconline.org/features/cotm/0202.shtml
I already HAD an idea of what I didn't want to happen, but thanks for the link... I think.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Steve, as everyone says, thats a great looking car, congrats.

Lab Rat, believe it or not the fun is in the restoration, just don't drag it out for years, like some of the members do........:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Now that's one nice looking cat! Shiny and all!!
Lots of fun with her!!

Lab Rat said:
That's awesome! I go to pick mine up today too - of course, it looks nothing like that. It's been sitting in an old lady's barn for the last 4 years..... a little restoration anyone?
Lab rat, don't feel sad now. there's some more of us around here just wishing some shine on their cars, while sitting in it on crates making driving noises.

VroambluddubluddubludduPRWWOOOAAAARRRRPPPP!

Okay, now I just might have set myself apart here...

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Matthis, very good rendition of the "Insanity Test' there, I could hear it going off in my head.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, well, that might be the sad part of the story, for I do it out loud sometimes...
Kind of like Tim the Toolman Taylor in an episode, where he sit's on the frame of a 33 rodster to be...

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Okay now you've got me sitting here saying it out loud, my 21 year old just walked in and thinks I'm nuts, how old are you again? :D :D :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
By the way, I think it's obvious the 'insanity test' sounded like a V10 Formula 1 engine, while I just captured the rumble of the good ol smallblock Ford V8

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hmmm, oh well I only feel about 20, which still makes me ancient to some of the members here.......:)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
But to get the V8 sound you have to have an uneven beat, so it should be VroamBLUDduBLUBludduBANGspitRWWOOOAAAARRRRPPPP, okay enough now, this is supposed to be a cougar discussion, ha, got in there before anyone else did.:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sounds like you're running a little rich there!
But you might just be right. Last time I started (and only time) is about 5 months ago, so I'm not really really sure anymore

--!> Back on topic now...

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts