Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question.I have a shaker assy off a 71 Ranchero that I want to put on my 70 conv. Was the shaker offered on the cougars? I've never seen one or read about any....

Bruce:D

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you find one with the torino(the one i have). Give me a yell...
Thanks all....

Bruce

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
IMHO i find the shaker to small and dont quite look right on a cat. i have even seen some with the mustang smaller scoop and it isnt right either i think you need a much larger scoop. but thats just my opinion. i saw the one a west coast nationals and it pretty much confirmed my thinking.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats why I'd like to see one and get some idea. I agree, the mustang one doesn't look right...

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Rick. What do you think? I like it.I still would like a wider shot. I'll keep looking and if you see one give me a yell...

Bruce

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I still think you should trade me for my scoop :) I think it would look nicer on my torino then a cougar,lol.

Rick

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Somehow I knew you were going to say that.It already has a scoop on it. If I don't use the shaker, I'll just keep that one.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW you could likely buy one for what it would cost to ship..lol

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not ready to part with it yet :D But if I change my mind I'll let you know.lol

Bruce

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Boss 429 scoop

Hey Rick that is exactly what I have been waiting on!
Do me a favor please, if you get some type of notification of the ready(iness-sp?) of the ram air unit, make a post and let us know please. Grice had told me he would contact me, but never has.
The Boss Rocks!
shane:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Cool!

I thought I was the only one with that idea...
shane:1poke:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Shane, I just got off the line with Leon, and he figures the ram air set up will be ready for spring. Fingers crossed. I emailed him our site and he's going to reply here soon he says, and he will give us the details when there ready :)

Rick

1 - 20 of 34 Posts