Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen a shaker on a 69?

Have pics of it?

I have been trying to decide on a functional eliminator scoop, or a shaker.

Shakers are awesome, but I'm thinking with the raised line in the middle of the hood, it might look wierd.

Has anyone seen it done, and done well?

Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I thought Badcatt posted a picture of a 69 or 70 with a shaker once. Try e-mailing him. mm

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have never seen one on a '69 but the '70-'71 Torino's had shakers and they had a line in the middle of their hoods. I personally think the Torino shaker is a nicer looking unit than a Mustang.
Barry

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Marks right, I did post a pic of a 70 with a shaker. It belongs to Dennis and Mary Welch of Port Angles WA. The shaker is a repo from Astralia. Heres a link back to the post. Neal.

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=16594#post16594

P.S. I have both a 70 and 69 hood I'll take the mesuing tape to and see if the "Power Dome" is about the same with in that area were the shaker comes through.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Shaker scoops on Cats

As I told y'all before, look at the hood reinforcing. On my 71-73s it is made with the shape and size of the 'Torino' (pointed) shaker scoop in mind. How is the reinforcing on the earlier Cats? I've never had one of those 'commoners'. ;)

I prefer the pointed shakers to the square Mustang-style anyways...

Same goes for the non-functional scoops. I prefer the Mercury scoop to the Boss 429 style. The overall shape fits the lines of the Cougar hood better.

Milo

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
The torino definatly is bettrer looking. both the 69 and seventy have the area ready for the cut out on reinforced so i cant see that it is any problem. except of course saving my 385.00 to get one of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts