Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magical brake fluid gets squeezed into a block of metal, and then gets pushed out some metal lines. Is there a difference in function between a 1970 mustang with PDB, and a 68 cougar, with PDB? I can get one from the mustang for 35 dollars, VS 150+, plus shipping....

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Re: seriously, proprtioing valves,

70 would have had a prop internal to the MC I think...? I'm pretty sure there are diffs, depending on front/rear disc configs....

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

70 would have had a prop internal to the MC I think...? I'm pretty sure there are diffs, depending on front/rear disc configs....
Correct .

·
Registered
913 Posts

I think Bob is agreeing with something he read to fast, 70 has the prop valve built into the dist block, and 68/69 has external prop valve separate from the dist block.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

Yeah, I was thinking about the block and put MC in there...sorry. lol dang fingers gettin ahead of the brain agian!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

" 70 has the prop valve built into the dist block, and 68/69 has external prop valve separate from the dist block."
Exactly. And so, I can't see any reason to not use one from 70 or 71. Same function, different shape.
Right?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

I thought the 70 proportioning valve was part of the distribution block, not master cylinder.... Are you sure about this?
Rob (and Carlton), right you are (of course!). Man! Not only do I have CRS (Can't Remember Sh!t), but I have CRS (Can't Read Sh!t) too! Yikes!

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
913 Posts

" 70 has the prop valve built into the dist block, and 68/69 has external prop valve separate from the dist block."
Exactly. And so, I can't see any reason to not use one from 70 or 71. Same function, different shape.
Right?
Right, you may have to do a little re-plumbing, but it will work.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks all! Plus, I just noticed that I spelled "proportioning" wrong, and you can't edit that line. Grr!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

Thanks all! Plus, I just noticed that I spelled "proportioning" wrong, and you can't edit that line. Grr!
Well I didn't think it was worth correcting all the Re: titles in the responses, but I did correct the thread title for you.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bob,
Thanks for the fix. My 72 mustang PDB distribution block was 37.10 from the local old yard, plus 58 dollars for a rebuild kit from WCCC.
Less than half of one with the cigar valve. A win-win..I get what I need for cheaper, and somebody that needs the "correct" part, still has one available.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bob,
Thanks for the fix. My 72 mustang PDB distribution block was 37.10 from the local old yard, plus 58 dollars for a rebuild kit from WCCC.
Less than half of one with the cigar valve. A win-win..I get what I need for cheaper, and somebody that needs the "correct" part, still has one available.
DOH! Muscle Car Research's kit is way cheaper!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Wow that is an excellent how TO! Ammonia who knew that was the trip to getting that gunk off?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Bob,
My 72 mustang PDB distribution block was 37.10 from the local old yard, plus ...
Which local old yard is that? The one off of Notus down the road from the fireworks stand?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts