Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I graciously seek help... Before I spend the 100.00 + on a new column swich for my 69 cougar I was curious if anyone had similiar problem.

I replaced flasher relay under dash and box in truck with updated items from WCCC. My issue is that the inner bulb flashes bright but the middle is very dim and the outer does not seem to blink at all. I climbed in the trunk to check the harness for cracked/broken wires with neg results. My directional bulbs on the dash work so I am curious would the column swith be my issue or is it something else. Someone suggested that I have a ground issue but I looked at all my grounds ( starter, engine and all seem good)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the same issue with my vert. Try to make a jump ground from the body and alligator clip it to one of your bulb socket, if it takes care of your problem, it is most likely a ground connection.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Clean all of the surrounds where the bulb holder touches the body( I use a Drexel with a wire wheel) also make sure the holders are clean...all will be good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts