Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched through other posts and couldn't find this direct issue. But here it goes:

I've noticed many times that when the turn signal is canceled mid-way through the sequentail cycle, that when I try to turn it back on it's frozen. I have to turn the signal on and off muliple times along with the hazards to unfreeze them. I've designed an add on to the system(on paper) to allow the system to fully cycle then turn off to avoid this freezing. But I did notice in another thread people getting annoyed with oiling the sequentail motor, could that be an issue? Or because I'm still running on the original wiring with 44 years worth of wire decay and increased resistance? Bare in mind this doesn't always happen, it's like 1 out of 12 times signaling......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I could tell with the system it was still all original. Mechanical cam, the large relay for the directionals, which has been removed and replaced with 10 switcher relays. I'd like to keep it as such, the sounds of it turning and clicking from the truck. But I just find it weird that it works then it freezes then works again with no issues. I know when I unplugged all the lamps the motor never jammed but with a load on it it slows down quite a bit. I saw that on uTube with the LED converstion where the LED's moved quick whereas the standard bulb would drag the motor down. Wouldn't mind going solid state with that whole system but just unsure how far from original I want to go with this Cougar, from the little I know about it, it seems to be original......but I will know more in 2 weeks when I leave the middle east and get back to work on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts