Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a wiring diagram for the sequence connection in the trunk of a 1968 cougar. Some of the wires got cut and i need to know where they go. Any pictures or diagrams will help.
thanks

[email protected]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried there....I need pictures or diagrams telling me what wires connect where. When I got the car it was all disassembled. The cam spins..but no lights.
thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Same dealio over here on my 67... haven't checked the motor on it, but I know it has about 4 wires cut... the signals work in a normal car fashion... does that mean they just cut those wires and it's like that? or they added something aftermarket?

blink blink blink...

Robert

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the deal with mine is...that somebody had cut the wires under the steering column and i spliced all of those back together. I turn the key over and notice that the turn signal light on the dash is on..but not flashing. The power wire to the motor (sequencer) was disconnected...so i hook it up and the motor now spins, not no flashing dash light or signals. Oh well..tonight was the first night to attempt anything, I guess I will try again tomorrow after school.
thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well, I dissected my sequencer motor/switch box today. The three wires inside were removed and spliced into one.. and the power source inside was removed and put to a standard flasher unit with the other wires that were spliced together.

So anyway, the motor insides look a little like CRAP and the transmission thingy seems to go one direction for the most part. I think I'll hit the local electronics supply (not radio shack) and see if I can find another motor...

:1zhelp:

Robert

PS ~ I just added a pic of the wires on mine, and the dissected motor/sequencer unit to the Misc Info page on my site.

·
Registered
300 Posts
just wanted to make this a "new" post... I added two pics of the sequencer from my 67 to my website under Misc Info.

Robert

·
Registered
300 Posts
Here's the latest... I BE HAVIN SEQUENCED LIGHTS AGAIN!!!

yup yup yup, was able to find a motor that was pretty close to what I needed. A little tapping, drilling, grinding, rewiring, inline resistor.. and woohoo... the lights... they be workin...

Total actual costs?

$1 for motor
$2 for connectors

hm, that's about it... $3.00

WooHoo!

Robert

·
Registered
648 Posts
Can you whip up a set of leaf springs made out of scrap 2x4s??? :D

Seriously, that is some fabulous work!!! Have you seen how expensive it is to replace one of those sequencers???

Great job!!!

Ken

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've seen that the electronic is like $169....

now as for your other comment, I live about 3 blocks from home depot... I'll see what I can do about those 2x4's and some new leaf springs.

Take That McGyver!

Robert :D

http://www.geocities.com/gixxef/misc_info.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts