Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my baby of 30 years that I've had since college. I started a restoration in 1985 and fianally finished in 1993. I did every nut and bolt top to bottom. The car is a Texas car and it's only been in the rain three times since 1985. The long description is on ebaymotors as listing 1834276439. The auction runs through Monday night June 10th. Take a look and see what you think. I'd be glad to talk with you directly and tell you anything you want to know about the car (972-307-3412). I definitely know it inside and out.

It's a great car. I've just decided to concentrate on my other baby that I've only had 23 years.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Hey Steve,

Sorry to see you're selling it, I'm hoping that someone in the Lone Star Cougar Club antes up and picks it up, those who've seen the car do nothing but rave about the quality of the car...

Now if I had the money and an extra bay or two on the garage, and didn't have two little babies arriving in 4 weeks.... :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
How sad.

I hope some dumb kid doesn't get a hold of it and start cutting and customizing it.

Good luck with the sale

:thinkuh:

* Or maybe.......I will bid 1 TRILLION dollars, (and keep bidding everytime you relist it) and default so you will have to keep the car *

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Logan for the kind comments.

Crowlector, when I was trying to sell the car with signs in the window I was getting interest from people I thought would destroy it within a week. Several contacts were from people who were looking to buy the car cheap and give it to their son in high school. My daughter's boyfriend wanted to put a big scoop on the hood and various other things. My stomach flipped several times.

I get the feeling that whoever buys the car off of ebay will be buying it as a keeper. I have talked to a few people who had a genuine interest in the car as something to keep intact.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
dumb kid here...

but i know which cars to NOT cut up. i am looking for a car right now to rip into, but im being VERY very careful to choose one that is neither too rare or too nice to do what i plan. i learned this after modifying my ( still possibly ) one of 204 Sport Specials ( with certain options ). look into what you have first. if i knew this i might at least have kept it the stock color. good news though.. all of the modifications are reversablethough, and nothing was cut up to do this. it had a single exhaust with a non factory muffler though. a non factory carb, but correct intake and exhaust manifolds and a #s matching engine and drivetrain. i still have all of it in the garage though. including the little tubes that come off of the passengers side exhaust manifold that go to the choke ( i think.. its been a while since the headers were installed ) im not a complete dullard without regard to originality. not all kids will permanently modify a car and throw all the stuff away. be aware that some of us do know what we are doing with regard to modifications. i personally would not modify a 428 though, or a real Eliminator, and id be selective about a Vert. 390s cars depend on the condition of the car, H codes although are not highly desireable are still dependent on condition and options, M codes are more selective, and 4 spd cars would have to be pretty beat to me to tear into. once again... not all of us are completely stupid with old cars.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Steve, I hope your beautiful car finds a nice home and a responsible owner.

as for sixt9coug - We need some more pix of your car AFTER the paint job - fully assembled - got any?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i have too many pics of the car... but heres one.. before Logan or Rick boots it off of course lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
steve, when you going to finish it,lol. I noticed the taillights are missing the slats, I have a set of 69 light frames for it.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
dont worry ill find a set of 70 ones and braze 69 slats into them :D thats the only way to go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts