Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the link to all the information about the cougar is here http://cargur.us/4NJm

This 68 Cougar XR7 was bought about 2 years ago. It was not what I originally was looking for but it had no rust and was very original. The front and rear suspension was replaced with new parts, along with some parts of the interior that had damage from the sun. It also has a new set of Coy rims and tires that cost around $3,000.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Wish you all the best with your sale. Not really sure what you are basing that price on but it looks about double what similar cars are selling for. As long as you aren't in a hurry here is hoping the right buyer comes along.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
If your adding the cost of the rims and tires I hate to break it to you, but you never get money back out of mod's and even then, I'd look on ebay at recent car sales to see where you are at realistically.....good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Wish you all the best with your sale. Not really sure what you are basing that price on but it looks about double what similar cars are selling for. As long as you aren't in a hurry here is hoping the right buyer comes along.
My thoughts exactly. In fact if a buyer I would insist on the rims and wheels being removed and putting the original steel rims back on the car. Original steel rims seem to be getting harder and harder to find in good shape. After that I would be the one to decide on the appropriate wheels for that era car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts