Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies/Gents,

Can anyone recommend an ethical and competent Cougar mechanic in the Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas area? In particular, I'm seeking someone to do engine work.

Thanks,

DCL

·
Registered
389 Posts
in all honesty, its a small block ford so its not too cougar specific as far as the motor goes. I would think any number of the classic type places around would do you right....especially ones that deal with classic mustangs and such all the time. The one shop local to me in mansfield is texas house of hot rods, ive been there for car shows but never had any work done there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The previous owner had the engine rebuilt, but it doesn't idle smoothly. I've had the carburetor
rebuilt, but still want a smoother idle.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
There are quite a few of us in Dallas and Fort Worth. In fact we have a large Cougar club (now called Lone Star Cougar Club even though we are just Dallas).

Royce & I are on here a quite a bit and can probably figure out what is going on. I am in Dallas as is Royce. Can't recommend anyone that runs a shop here in town -- sorry.

Drop a line back here or PM for more info. I can drop by and have a listen to see if there is something that can be quickly diagnosed.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts