Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Logan hope you like it took a week and allot of effort to get it to cut right but i finally think it came out good. I made two so if you send me an adress you may find a gift in your mailbox for christmas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Sharp! :wave: :pimp: :bandit:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: WOW!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Boy I do envy the owners of machinery that makes those.

Looks very sharp, btw!!!
Cheers!

MN

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
That is so cool, wish I could do that kind of thing.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Excellent work!
Did you do that on an NC or manual mill? Makes me long for the days of oil and flying chips... I hate sitting in front of this stupid computer all day... I wear my shop boots to work occasionally just to remember what it was like, but now the machine oil is all gone the leather looks so dry and sad... so, how much are you selling them for?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not selling them and i cut them with water. no oil watsoever just water and garnate sand. If i sold them just to toolup and time as well as material without my time would run 75.00 each which i think is to high. it was just for fun. i did a mercury head embossment as well and if anyone is interested i will post a picture of it as well. Not to mention that it is property of logan and he has given us free reign when it comes to reproducing his logo but after all it is his logo and all proceeds would go to him so i would have to charge up and beyond that 75.00 just for him to get anything.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Post a pic of the head embossment, talent like this should be shared for all to enjoy.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as much a i would love to sell this stuff people especially the mercury head could get me into loads of trouble if someone from mercury would see that im selling them copyright and all. Making something for myself is one thing but distribution opens a can o worms i just dont think i want. But having said that i will probably donate some items at shows such as prowls and such i attend so look for them there and i will make some up for raffels at next nats west.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ps the machine time and sand are about the same so they would still be expensive

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
CougarGuy-
You have access to a watermill at work? Or do you have one? I'm jealous!

Beautiful work on both pieces, beautiful. I know how much patience is required, and I have much respect for your abilities!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Very cool!

Haveing spent a couple of years in a production shop as a tool maker, it takes some time to set up that type of run. CNC, or manuel control?

:bandit: :evil: :pimp: :sun: :xoli:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is a type of CNC propreitery for our machine it is great to work with hardest part is getting the machine path and drawing the image.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts