Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just had new upholstery done on all the seats. installed the 8 spacers under the two front and the seats do not slide forward or backward. How do the 8 spacers go in?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ok I just had new upholstery done on all the seats. installed the 8 spacers under the two front and the seats do not slide forward or backward. How do the 8 spacers go in?
I'm just guessing here but does your model year seat tracks have the cross wire from the lever actuator to the opposite track release mechanism and you forgot to install it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope all installed but when I push the release the set wont move. like its frozen. can the spacers be in wrong?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Did the tracks slide easy before install, if so, then you got them in a bind when you tighten them down. The spacers you speak of, they are slotted and slide in front to back and back to front with tab down.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be the way I installed the spacers. Is it possible I over tightened the four seat nuts underneath?

·
Registered
913 Posts
You might loosen them up and see if they will slide, and then torque them for what 5/16 bolts should be, and see if that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts