Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for new seatbelts for my '69. I like to wear the shoulder belt for safety reasons but these ones that come stock are just a pain in the a$$. Any aftermarket belts you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I felt the same way Alex,
I bought mine from southern street rods, but I was told they changed the design. They have a website www.southernstreetrods.com I think. They are also reasonable on price, 44.95 per person when I bought mine. I had to move the upper mounting point forward but I used the stock locations on the bottom. If they redesigned them they may fit differently.
John
wvcat

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmmm...says the page cannot be displayed, but that looks like its exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot wv!:D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
Restored seat belts

Alex,
I have had a couple sets restored by Dallas Mustang Parts. Send them your seat belts, they rewb them and replate all the plated parts plus supply new mounting hardware. The finished product looks better than New Old Stock.

They can be reached at 1-800-mustang or on the web at :

www.dallasmustang.com

They won't talk down to you for owning a Cougar like some of the other Mustang places (Mustangs Unlimited comes to mind). The turnaround time on my belts was around two weeks.

Royce Peterson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts