Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new risers (taller of course). I do not like the height and threw my shorter factory ones out. Working on a 1968. Does anyone have there car in a condition to measure the height of the riser for me? I will shorten my "mustang" risers from MU just want to know the factory Cougar height which tells me how much to cut mine down.. Guessing around 2 inches.

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you lay a straight edge across the seat mounting holes, the front is 3in to floor and rear is 1 3/4in to floor. This is for a 70.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea and with the measurements. It seems like its only an inch I should trim off. Why can't they just make the right ones. Thanks for the help and the pic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry for the revival, but if I am not mistaken, the risers for the 69-70 are a little shorter, not much, but a little. Just eyeballing the ones I ordered next to my factory risers, they are pretty damn close.

·
Registered
508 Posts
On my '69 @ the front of the riser following the angle,..from a high rib in pan, to top of seat riser 2 1/2", pulled back the carpet to measure. The back I'm not sure of ,...carpet still installed, but I would approximate 1 to 1 1/4".

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just installed mine in my 67 and I cut them down pretty good. I would say 1/2 or 1/4 inch shorter than the factory height. I am also taller and factory isc no good for me without tilt or today electronic seats.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I decided to bolt directly to the floor on the drivers side and use the riser on the passenger side. Seeing as I will never be the passenger, they can deal with the seat height and proximity to the dash. I, on the other hand will be enjoying my leg room. The drivers seat back will be approx 4 inches from the front of the rear seat. I love the look and the fit, so hopefully, the reinforcements I will be making will hold and everything works out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I almost did the same thing but it was about 2 inches lower than what I was looking for. I wanted both sides to match so the seats would sit evenly. My wife is shorter and she was a little more than eye level with the dash when bolting the seat down to the floor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts