Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
The carpet came today from Auto Custom Carpet. It looks great. Now for an opinion... My 69 Std Convertible is hitting the body shop for a Paint job. What is your take on doing the seat covers? They are in pretty good shape. No tears, just a bit faded. (They're Aqua). Should I leave the originals? Should I replace them as I'm doing the exterior? If I replace them, who sells the most authentic? All help appreciated!

David
69 Cougar conv
66 T-Bird Conv
65 GTO Conv
70 GTO JUDGE conv
67 Dart GTS Conv
70 AAR Cuda
2002 Indian Chief Deluxe.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a similar dilemma whether to do my seats. Can't help you with the answer, since I haven't figured this one out. From talking to people who have done their seats, it sounds like John's Classic Cougars is the top choice. I have seen their seats and they look great.

Steve

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have use seat cover from Johns Cougars .They are top of the line covers. Last seat covers I bought for my 70 came from Mustangs Unlimited.they have a Cougar catalog. Mark

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
and if they're REALLY in good shape, there's spray-dye in the color you need. Take your time, and the finished product looks like new!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Redye them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
does any one have further info, experience, or a good place to learn more on "spray dye'. I have the aqua interior that I belive was reciently re done put would rather have a black interior so as to match the future body color when I get to the point of painting the exterior. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well, now that the info is out that the Cascade Cougar Club is going to host them, the TCCN archives has an article on this very subject (re-dying). Hopefully they will be on-line soon.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
That's good news. I have been checking TCCN daily for the March update. When is a formal announcement going to be made?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Jim Pinkerton announced it on the CLASSIC-COUGAR list server on May 16th. Opening date is the first week of May. (Missed that date the first time I read the message)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts