Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, Everyone was very hlpful with regards to my rust question. Thanks again. Now I need to know where I can get some new seat covers. They really don't need to be original, in fact, I might prefer cloth since I'll be driving this car almost 500 miles a week! Will set covers for any of the mustang models fit...plenty of those out there...since the two cars are very similar? Once again, no need to stay original here..By the way, the car is a 1968 standard with the beige interior.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I think any low bucket seat covers will fit, check out your local WalMart, they are cheaper there and have a pretty good selectionof styles and colors, at least here they do. Try not to get the fuzzy ones, the fuzz will come off all over your close, but they sure are comfy.

Rick

·
Registered
300 Posts
OK Rick,

As long as your the seatcover guru (or at least, you've now been dubbed so) :) ... What's the deal with a seat cover for my 67 Standard? oh, did I mention it has the bench seat with the arm rest? hehe. Break out the sewing machine boys.. we've got work ta do...

:bandit:

Robert

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
For the bench seat with arm rest, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I think you will need to ditch it for a pair of crappy bucket seats and then go to WalMart for bucket covers,lol.

Try an upholstery shop, they might be able to make some cheaper then recovering, but then, again, you might as well get them to recover them right.

Rick

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah, I've got a friend who's dad owns an upholstery shop. They do custom stuff in Restaurants and one of his employees is a car guy on the side. i've seen the stuff and it's not bad. however, is it possible to get just the seat backs kit for the cougar? That's really the only bad area.

Robert

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Robert, Im not sure, I own a 70 and it has high back seats, they rock,lol. Most covers out there are one piece design I think, so I guess you can trim a set just for the backs, then sew up the part you cut so it doesnt unravel.

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts