Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and I hope someone could help me with this question. I'm restoring my 69 seatbelts, and am looking for new tags to have sewn on them to replace the factory ones which have worn off. I have about 9 tags in exellent shape that I got from a 68 Lincoln, and they match up, but I will be restoring two or three sets after this one, so I would like to know if there is anywhere that these are reproduced. I hope they are, but have a feeling they aren't. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
not that im aware of your best bet is take it to a shop that specialize in custom stuff and have them sewn on.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
seat belts

Mine need redyed. They are faded from the sun. Labels look great.

Where can I get the dye?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found my back seat belts tucked under the seat and they're covered with that tar like stuff from the sound deadener. Does anyone know the best way to get that off? Would a dry cleaner likely take them and clean them for me?
John (Vacabirder)
'68 XR7

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Tim B said:
Try Ssnake-Oyl.com
They do seat belt restorations, from webbing to buckles, chrome and all the rest.

Cool site!! it should be in the links section

Don

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Kitty i used plain old rid dye from the super market just let it set a week. also put them in dawn dishwashing soap and let em soak for a day then scrub all the gook comes off and soft and supple afterwards.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Cougarguy

Thank you!
I have the dishsoap and the dye already!:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Please give more info on Ray Harwood. Ssnake-Oyl did good on the first set, but the plastic crome around the buckle is not nearly as durable as the original ones were. I use the car every day, so wear shows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts