Mercury Cougar Owners banner

SE TX / Houston Area Cougar Club Anyone?

12K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Mike337 
#1 ·
How many cougar owners/cougar lovers are there in the greater houston area interested in getting together? I wanted to "test the water" to see how many, desire, chemistry, etc. there was before jumping in the deep end on this club thing.

Seems to be plenty of technical resources available to start a club (Club in a Box, web hosting, etc.). What do you think? Can we gain critical mass and velocity speed (space city talk)?:D

#3 ·
Great! At this point, I think we are working on just trying to see if we can get together informally and meet. An attempt was made at the last Conroe Swap Meet but that wasn't a good weekend for most. We need to find an upcoming event or just decide to meet at a restaurant one night. We can always tag along with weekend cruise nights with the local Mstang club a time or two just to get things going. Other ideas?

#5 ·
We tried this last year too. I'm all for it and you might want to do a search for the thread last time and email everyone on it. I won't be able to come in my cougar because it is down for major repairs. Is there anywhere down town that we could meet? That way it is centralized and not too far for anyone. I'm on the south side of town (friendswood) and to get to 1960 and 59 would take about an hour.

Austin

#7 ·
6 miles north of Richmond, Texas

#13 ·
It is about time...

you guys got together and did some organising.
That way when I go down to Conroe to see my friends who live there, I will know where to hook up with you guys!

Great idea, you all should do this!

#14 ·
Conroe is too far for me. There are some small shows in Rosenburg that I go to sometimes.

#15 ·
Conroe is a little far for me to. This is what happened to us last time. Everything was too far north or too far south. We need to find a place in the middle (neith that old Georga Pine). Sorry, I usually don't sing country, but I am 6th gen TX'n. Anyway, I'm almost done w/ my wilwood upgrade so I should be back on the road soon. It just takes too damn long to get anywhere in Houston. Conroe is about 45 minutes from me so is rosenburg. Yall, need to come on down to the clearlake area. We have a big meet and great every Friday night in League City. All make and models. I have never seen a cougar there. We could take over.

Austin
aka "Token"

#17 ·
Anyone ever make it??

So has anyone actualy picked a place and hooked up yet? I'm hwy 6 and 290 area so I'm sorta central to almost all the places mentioned in this thread. I would really like to get out and see some other Cougars in Houston. I've seen very few out on the road. What about having a picnic at an area park or something, that would be informal, with this crazy weather it's bound to be a nice weekend coming up soon..

#19 ·
my back yard if I had it my way. because I dont like Houston traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.