Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have posted in the wanted section for some items (with my e-mail address) and it seems that the only respond I get is from some Chaps from the United Kingdom Ian Parker, Martin Jefford, Joe Higgins, and they all want wire transfers or western union. I have asked for pictures , and they reply, please send complete shipping address. If these are legit people on this forum I apologize, if not I would like to know. What do you think? PS, they always respond through E-mail and not through this forum!

·
Registered
274 Posts
They are Nigerian scam artists in London, since you posted your email address directly in the post, they were able to try to scam you.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
What James says is likely the case. Posting email address directly in a forum is unfortunately asking for trouble.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sounds like a job for......Super Moderator!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah, next you could receive an email of a "shell' type form from VISA, stating that, "your account may have been compromised, please fill out this form to confirm your account and access recent charges"........... Then they will have your VISA account and password, which you gave them, to have their way with. Isn't the Internet great!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea... they are scammers!!!! They do the same thing when you post something on ebay....

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Sounds like a job for......Super Moderator!
At Carltons service, done and done.

If anyone else has a similar problem, point out the offending post/thread and I will take care of it for you.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
At Carltons service, done and done.

If anyone else has a similar problem, point out the offending post/thread and I will take care of it for you.
Faster than a teenagers text message, more powerful than a caps lock, able to edit long posts in a single keystroke.......

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Faster than a teenagers text message, more powerful than a caps lock, able to edit long posts in a single keystroke.......
Yes, but I still (and often) step on my cape...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ian's back!!!

I got an email response to my ad here from Ian Beecher's Gmail account. He's located in the UK, asking for Western Union money order of which he was more than willing to help me find the nearest location to me! I asked him for more "item(s)" and he comes up w/ a dist for $1600! I looked over the pics he sent and noticed they were exactly the same pics of items on ebay... problem was 2 different people, 2 different states, 2 different items. All of course here in the good ol USA!

So, watch out for the IAN vulture...

Ian Beecher
Flat, 239 Promenade, Blackpool FY1 6AH, United Kingdom

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Think Ian knows Bala? I received an email entitled "Bank of Africa <[email protected]>" (nothing suspicious here, right?) The email goes on to say:

Dear Sir/Ma,

Please, I want to introduce myself and this business opportunity to you. My name is Mr. Bala Johnson, a Director, Foreign Operations Of Bank of Africa Benin, I wish to know if we can work together.

I would like you to stand as the next of kin to my deceased customer who made a Fixed deposit of Seventeen Million United State Dollars(US$17,000,000) with our bank.
He died without any registered Next of Kin and as such the funds now have an open beneficiary mandate.

If you are interested please do let me know so that I can give you comprehensive details on what we are to do. I urgently hope to get your response as soon as possible..

Best regards,
Mr Bala Johnson
Director, Foreign Operations,Bank of Africa Benin
TEL:+229 96712856
Email:[email protected]

I always knew I was going to hit it big. Please do not respond to Bala, he was approaching me specifically. He intends for me to get rich, because "he's good like that".

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - remember us in your will Bob. Don't want you to be left without anybody to give it to!! ;>)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts