Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving in Seekonk Mass today and an orange car caught the corner of my eye. As I almost got in an accident to stop and see, it was a 70 XR-7 convertible done in the eliminator colors. It was gorgeous. I know there aren't many folks on this board from Ri/Mass, but any idea who's it is?

Gotta get mine on the road! :later all.

Steve:eek2:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Steve
ever go to cranston on a monday night? off of elmwood ave? Ya might see it there cause of the car shows that B101 does w/ crusin bruce palmer. I know of a green 69 that is owned by a friend of mine i talk to now n then, I think he may know of the car you are talking about.
thanks
pat

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Pat, I went to that one last year and didn't see it. I usually go to the one in Seekonk and went once to the one on Oaklawn with Bruse Palmer. will definitely hit all of the ones when my baby's done. So, how's Fl? Seem you should be back here...weather's been getting better. Are there many cougars down there? Keep an eye out for me, I want a convertible BAD...Mustang or cougar, gotta be a stick and restored.

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Steve
there are many cougars here the SSCC is a great club to belong to. But i do miss RI. I use to go out to alot of places in RI and had much more fun there. Since it was my homestate. Even though i been away for a year i can still get around pretty good. I use to love going to FT WETHERALL in jamestown and sit by the ocean and watch the sailboats. My ultimate thing was to take the vert to rocky point when it was open n go for chowder and clamcakes. RI was a great state for me but hated the winters and the cost of living was going up. If i wanted to i could get my old job back but im in the middle of having a home built and a garage and i realy cant turn back now . But i promise you i will be up there during the christmas holiday and i wanna meet ya steve and your family and perhaps we can all meet for a dinner or something.
thanks
pat.
p.s. have you seen the green 69 cougar i had mentioned in a post here? its also in RI his name is jamie and it has a 351w thats pretty built. He attends alot of the shows at cranston n supposedly he had acess to a purchase of a 69 eliminator 351w car. He is a good guy ..

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pat, Glad things are fine in Fl. Boy, you got outta dodge just in time. This winter was wghat I used to remember as a kid growing up in Fall River. Yes, let me know when you're in the area for the holidays. I'll be in Orlando in a month for a convention and checking out the cars there. Talk to ya soon.

Steve

P.S. Havent seen the green one you mentioned, but I went to a show in Somerset Mass last year and was just about to leave and hear something roaring down the street. It was a 69 yellow eliminator, awesome shape. Needless to say, I didn't leave for a while.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
how long will you be in orlando? I can take a trip there to meet up w/ ya
thanks
pat.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WIll be there June 1-6. How far is St. Augistine from Orlando?

Steve
Hitting the rack now, will check in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Steve
about 2 hours, not a long drive at all.
thanks
pat

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, might be a plan. Any car shows between St Aug and Orlando?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
i can find out i think there are some local cruises happening i will let ya know
thanks
pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts