Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might as well let the Cat out of the bag on this one..

:)

302 2v Standard Decor 127k Miles Original paint

From North Hollywood, CA, in Spokane, WA the last 15 years but hasn't run for 5-7 years

She's very dirty on the interior but will be a cleanup-freak's dream when she's done..that's where I come in ;)

Options: AC, Tinted, AM, Console, Decor, auto 3.0 gears, door edge guards

Interestingly..sold from California but Des Moines, IA DSO. Still not sure how that happened, but it has no smog equipment evidence?? How does that work?

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e393/BrianAust/MISC%20COUGARSTUFF/68%20White/

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
No longer stray and definately not feril. Nice truck, too!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Okay, I think I get the concept, get your "401K money" back from Gunner and then buy that dollar amount in more common cats to fix up? If you think you are happy, then you probably are!

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Brian, You know there is no cure for Cougar-its? Looks like a sweet lil' ol' plane Jane Cougar. I think I'm getting to like White. That Saddle int. looks good with White car. Will you be able to make Prowl next Sunday? I have something for you.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian, You know there is no cure for Cougar-its? Looks like a sweet lil' ol' plane Jane Cougar. I think I'm getting to like White. That Saddle int. looks good with White car. Will you be able to make Prowl next Sunday? I have something for you.
Haha,..no, there's no cure ;) It is a lot of fun, though. As long as it's fun, it can't be bad.

I'm not gonna make it, Neal. Out of town this weekend yet again ;(

Have fun, sorry to miss you all up there..Are you making the "STEAM UP" show on the 6th and 7th?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
very clean ***** cat!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Interestingly..sold from California but Des Moines, IA DSO. Still not sure how that happened, but it has no smog equipment evidence?? How does that work?
Dealer transfer maybe? Maybe someone didn't want to wait for ordering one and just had one transfered that was close to what they wanted.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dealer transfer maybe? Maybe someone didn't want to wait for ordering one and just had one transfered that was close to what they wanted.
That's what I was thinking, Mike. But I don't get how a car would be sold in California without Smog equipment. That would be about impossible to get registered even, wouldn't it?

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
No smog needed on a 68 302 with AT. If it was a stick it would need smog. Kinda confusing as 67 sb AT cars had smog in CA.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No smog needed on a 68 302 with AT. If it was a stick it would need smog. Kinda confusing as 67 sb AT cars had smog in CA.
Hmm..that is confusing. Thanks, Don. Why did that switch/change happen?

It was very eyebrow-raising to see the DSO was DesMoines (52) when also knowing that the family of the orinal owner was largely in Iowa and knowing that they'd done trips all the way from Cali to Iowa at least once..something must have happened with a twist upon the original purchase. It was manufactured in Feb of '68 but not purchased until May. And it was a Dearborn-produced Car.

Hmmm Indeed..

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
52 is LA, California, 53 is Oakland, 51 is Denver...I don't know what Des Moines DSO is but it's not 52.

Me tinks U cornfused.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
52 is LA, California, 53 is Oakland, 51 is Denver...I don't know what Des Moines DSO is but it's not 52.

Me tinks U cornfused.
Me thinks you're right..I think the closest region around Des Moines would have been Minneapolis/Twin Cities. OK, Now I've gotta ask my faithful Sidekick from Silverton WTF Bill of Goods he was trying to sell me. LoL, never do paperwork/internet research at 70Mph..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Me thinks you're right..I think the closest region around Des Moines would have been Minneapolis/Twin Cities. OK, Now I've gotta ask my faithful Sidekick from Silverton WTF Bill of Goods he was trying to sell me. LoL, never do paperwork/internet research at 70Mph..
Wow!! Lol! I didn't have my library in the pickup with me yesterday! (We would need another trailer, it takes up my entire basement.......) I will hit the books tonight to get to the bottom of this. Many other websites say 71 is LA and 52 is Des Moines..... http://66ford.fordregistries.com/DECODE%20YOUR%20OWN/DATA%20TAG/dso.htm maybe they are talking about other cars, but why so many codes for other plants? I guess you can't trust any publication unless it is written by FoMoCo.

Oh well, this still doesn't answer the Dearborn plant question (F in vin). Wouldn't it be built in San Jose if it was sold in Hollywood or did San Jose not build Cougars? We were puzzled about this yesterday too and we justified the Des Moines-Dearborn relationship better than LA-Dearborn relationship.........could have been too many hours in the truck making us over analyze the situation---probably. :confused: Not much else to do....when your in the truck for 13 hours. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Wow!! Lol! I didn't have my library in the pickup with me yesterday! (We would need another trailer, it takes up my entire basement.......) I will hit the books tonight to get to the bottom of this. Many other websites say 71 is LA and 52 is Des Moines..... http://66ford.fordregistries.com/DECODE%20YOUR%20OWN/DATA%20TAG/dso.htm maybe they are talking about other cars, but why so many codes for other plants? I guess you can't trust any publication unless it is written by FoMoCo.

:cool:
DSO 71 on a Ford is Los Angeles.
DSO 52 on a Mercury is Los Angeles.

You gots to have the right play book my friend. LOL

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Wow, it took me several years before I found the right car for me. Now you are running right into them and nice ones too. What are your plans for this one?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
my kitty is a san jose kitty

1 - 20 of 29 Posts