Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
two weeks before the prowl and i am going to try and make it if work permits. Im still pissed at the lottery damn those numbers then i could go all over the country to every cougar and thunderbird event. But can anyone help me out with were would be a good place to stay for a night since it is going to be a 5 hour drive for me. someplace close and isnt going to require a morgage preferably, IE motel 6 lacinta or super eight are fine. Also good places to eat that are not the usual california franchise fare local places would be nice. thanks for any help and how many list memebers are thinking of attending?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Same here! Only a two and a half hour drive, but I would like to stay in a cheap motel too, as my money is gonna be going towards gas lol.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ok guys, here are your options:
1. Escondido (located 15 min south of the deer park show)
and
2. Temecula (located 15 min north of the deer park show)

Both places have motel 6 and the usual accomodations. I would go for Temecula, as it is a nicer place to be. There isnt much around in the deer park area.

If you stay in Temecula, just get off of the freeway on Rancho Ca. Rd. and go east. You will see a grip of restraunts on both sides.
(chilis, claim jumper, oscars, and a bunch of smaller places. )

It will be good to meet you guys. Please introduce yourself to me at the show. I will be the stout dude with a shaved head, gotee and a green 67 with the grille blacked out.

-Austin

Ps. if you need local phone numbers for any hotels, let me know....
[email protected]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, Temecula is definitely a better place to stay than Esco, unless you like having your car broken into of course. I live one exit south of Escondido in Rancho Bernardo. Wish I could go, but I have no $$$. :( Oh well, next year.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
temecula sounds great wish i could drive down the xr7 or topless cat but still waiting on interior parts and topless is torn to the four winds right now.

·
Registered
866 Posts
So what time do you think you will be heading down there? Are you gonna stay at Temecula too? Which day would you arrive? I will try to come at the same time, as I will be lost down there.

Thanks

Chris

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not sure like i said i wont know untill some time next week but we will probably go down on saterday night. it also makes a difference if my buddy john who owns the very first gte (to date) is going to be going as well but i will post. it sounds like temecula is the better of the two and whom better to recomend than those in the area. thanks guys if we are able to come i will definatly say hi.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Okay, well, most likely I will go down Saturday afternoon, and if my car doesn't blow up on the way there, then I guess I will see you at the show! ;)

Chris

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay i will email you with the perticulars when everthing is set in stone around my place.;)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Great thanks! ([email protected]) Seeing this is the first time I have driven the car over 30 miles at one time, I am bringing new belts, and some other little things...

Please dont blow up, please don't blow up, please don't blow up.... :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Alex, you live way to close to miss this show. Scrape up the 5$ ( ? ) to get in at the gate, You'll be glad you did.

Hope to see you all there. I will be there bright and early to help set up.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't have to be a member of the SoCal Cougar club or anything? If I can go, is there going to be a certain section you Mercurcy Cougar.net guys will be meeting up?

·
Registered
794 Posts
here is some info on the show : (click on cougar classic car show)

SDCC

No, you dont have to be a member. Overall the winery is small, so everyone hangs out in one area. You just drive in and park in the back lot. Then walk out to the grass where all of the cars are parked. THere will be a raffle for all kinds of cool prizes.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what about fallbrook

ther is a best western in fall brook about how far is it from the prowl and is it a nice area?

·
Registered
794 Posts
fallbrook is kind of ho-hum. it is west of I15. Here's the thing though, Temecula or Escondido is right off of the freeway. Fallbrok is a small town that is off of the 15, but you have to drive
at least 5+ mi off of the freeway to the meat of the town. The street layout is confusing. Last time I went, I got lost.

On a map, it is closer to deerpark though. Check out mapquest if you want the details.

The exit to fallbrook is 8 (?) min past Temecula going south.

I would stay here in temecula. The city is way newer and nicer.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay ya talked me into it

okay made reservations at the motel 6 in temecula. thanks for the help and see you at the show. dont know if i will bring the bird or not awful long drive and on a friday night highways may play that by ear. neither cat still ready to go (damn anyhow) but we are making a weekend of it. Thanks crazycat for the help. Chris hope you make it no problems i will be staying both friday and saterday. if you see a 57 red and white top tbird it is probably me. Cant wait to see ya all. good luck and keep the rusty side down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts