Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was on a search for a car for my Cleveland (the 67 is gone) and I remembered one sitting not far from my parents house. I went past the house where it was and sure enough it was still there ... in primer .... sitting under a tree. My "accountant" and I decided to knock on the door and see if we could rescue it. The guy who came to the door told us they weren't thinking of selling it because .... get this ...... "they had just done the BONDO and were probably gonna paint it next year" he also told me there was a "short" in the brakes and his father didn't get a chance to look at the electrical system or else they would have it on the road ......

:eek2: BONDO ?????? :angryfi: Well I guess thats one that couldn't be saved ... it was a '70 (perfect for my cleveland) either true eliminator or clone sad sad day ... I may go back later and see if she can be saved or maybe just turn my search south (I have relatives in GA and VA !!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oh that just hurts...

There is a guy that lives about a block from my grandmother that owns 5 (last time I counted) GTO's. He won't part with any of them and for a while I could understand why. They were all awesome cars, well optioned, and a good selection as well. But now (about 8 years after I gave up on trying to buy one they are going to hell. He has this gorgeous black on black convertible that is under a tree just dying. He doesn't keep them up anymore and I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road. (they used to each get road time a couple times a month) Last I heard he still refused to part with any of them. it herts to watch such great cars fade away like that.

I hope you get ahold of the owner and help him to see the light and let you buy the Coug. It would be a shame to see another Cougar lost.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do people think

There is a farm out by my parents and they have 3 (I think) 50's ford P/U's ... all rotted sitting around .... one of my friends asked about one and the guy wouldn't give it up .... I just don't understand ... I know its hard to let go some times but REALLY !!!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
my grandmas neighbor hasa 65 Stang Fastback, a 72 Q code Mach1 ( both 4 spds ) both rotting. there was a 69 Camaro on the same block for years rotting until the neighbors moved. the car has dissapeared. i know of 2 body shops with COugars just sitting there for years im told. also one with a 68 Camaro sitting. there is a late 60s Dart Swinger around here with a 340 in it thats ritting to hell. a 69 Charger R/T USED to be in a driveway aroudn here for years . its gone now into the unknown. a 69 Stang FB and a 69 Fairlane FB are within a block of each other around here. untouched. and there is the old lady ive mentioned with the 68 Cougar J code that just has it outside rotting. driven very rareley. but its original paint has faded and its going south. :( sigh i miss when www.carsinbarns.com was actually updated. had good stories on there

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
How about 7 x 69/70's including 2 XR7 convertibles (one fully optioned) and a Boss 302 Eliminator, all in pieces and all in sheds for the last 5 years. Least they are under cover

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
soooo many

people to slap ...... soooo little time :angryfi:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts