Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually seeing a classic cougar on tv in the morning would get my juices flowing in a good way. Unfourtanatly this was on street racing and the only classic car was a 67 cat really a shame for us cat owners.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep pretty yellow one you must be a fox fan as well ehh chris?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nothing like waking up to Jillian am i right or am i right.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just caught it going out the door so i cant say one way or another.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i saw it too.. now im gettign older ( 21 years ooooohhh ) and i dont exactly race alot anymore but it was still a nice car and i dont call it sad. sure id love a track around here to run but well... there isnt. Irwindale is the closest but its only 1/8 mile. i think the closes 1/4 mile one is what? LACR? Pomona doesnt even have street cars there anymore and that sucks. hell id even run at Terminal Island if they still did it there. i dont condone street racing at all but well, some people take some sort of responsibility when they are doing it and thats at least trying.. i mean the ones that take it out of town.. waaaay out of town. and not the idiots that run on the wrong side of the road and weave throughout traffic. or hell. racing around ANY traffic is just dumb and im sure we all know of certain parts of town to not go through when its late at night and the racers are out. Hell... South Gate for one......

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
try here to fit your race need
http://lacr.net/indexmain.htm
safe not far to travel and great to race. Remeber when you say taking responsibility when you street race what about the poor guy in the minivan coming home with his two kids from the movies are you taking responsiblity for as well? Sorry but this is a sore subject one that I have had first hand, yes i was young dumb and full of...... you know the rest, at one time. I rode with a crowd most here would be scared to look at and did many things im not proud of but when you watch your best freind burn to death in a car he just flipped and get to hear his screams and the popping of his flesh, you may want to rethink what kind of responsibility your taking. street racing in any form is just not something to be played with. Yes i did it and yes i am ashamed i did and more than most here will ever feal. I invite you steve make the trip up to grudge night it is worth it and it will be time well spent in a safe eviorment with those who share the risk.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey guys, don't forget that California Speedway has street drags. I've been there with my MG ([email protected] best), it only cost $20, to race and it's fairly close. Every time I've gone it's been a blast. BTW it's a full 1/4
Mark

·
Registered
240 Posts
my friend told me that theres somewhere in fontana where you pay like 5 to 10 bucks and get to race all day long. i'll have to ask him again when i see him to find more details

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
This is a street car not a race car. Want to street race?
Feeling Lucky?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
split the pontiac in two. this 16 year old got lucky and walked away, or did he???

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Dang!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Someone sent that to me a while ago, as a warning to my kids, I believe the kid got off quite lightly.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Quite a few street racers have been killed recently around here, so now they have a law that allows the police to tow and impound your car if your caught street racing.

And I get challenged all the time buy punks in hondas and other imports with big ass exhaust tips who think they are the fast and the furious. You know how they pull up beside you and gun it to 4k rpm like they actually have something powerfull under the hood. Chrikey... all hell breaks loose on my 302 at 2500+ rpm but I really don't want to have my car towed and I certainly don't want to be involved in an accident.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
On the night of my brother's wedding, about ten minutes before my brother and his new wife left the reception, 5 (!) kids in a Honda Civic doing about 90 mph (while LOSING in a street race) lost control, spun, and hit a Jeep Wrangler coming the other way at 45 mph (speed limit). The Honda was cut in half, and 4 of the 5 kids were killed. The reception hall was on the highway where this occurred, the accident happened about 1 mile away in the direction that my brother and his wife left to go on their honeymoon. My father (pastor) got called out from the reception to attend to the parents... at the time that he got called out, we didn't know if someone from the reception had been involved in the wreck, we only knew that two people were dead and the other two weren't in anything close to "good" condition.
It turned out that our family was connected to three of the kids (the survivor and two of the deceased).
VERY VERY VERY SCARY.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts