Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
sad day indeed....car going from AZ to new york....doesnt stand a chance against rust now haha

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
She's looking a bit light on the front end - no motor huh? Hopefully your just making room for the next one and getting the funds together for it!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I love those wheels
i do too they are 05 up v6 stang wheels. it sucks we cant really use them because of unsafe 2 inch spacer you have to use to make them work! and yes i said unsafe!

·
Registered
913 Posts
i do too they are 05 up v6 stang wheels. it sucks we cant really use them because of unsafe 2 inch spacer you have to use to make them work! and yes i said unsafe!
Could you clarify your statement on the unsafe part, and you only need 3/4 spacers for those wheels for them to clear.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
At our store, we always caution people who come in looking for 1.5 - 2 inch spacers for larger diameter wheels. They need to understand that they are pushing a lot of rotating mass away from, and exerting additional force on, the wheel hub. Depending on the combination, it can be unsafe due to the stress placed on the lug bolts. Most of the time, though, it will just cause premature wear.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
towcat, basicly what bill said. truthfully even a 3/4 is too much imo.

+ i have seen them come apart in a road race and drag race. your car and your saftey are not worth saving a few hundred on a set of wheels that actually fit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts