Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Im not one into politics, or the middle east affair, but today some Canadians lost there lives in "Friendly Fire". They were on a night time training excercise and got one or two 500 pound bombs dropped on them. I would like to a moment of silence and prayer to all the families of the soliders and the wounded.

Thanx guys.

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should of mentioned it has been since 1950's that Canadian forces had any deaths due to "friendly fire".

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Working with the military (NAVY)like I do, It always hits home when something like this happens. But that is the bussiness that we are in. Accidents do happen... unfortunately....
Our prayers are with the families of the fallen.:(

Don

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yes its sad that it happened, but I'm afraid there will be casualtys for more before its done. Its a dirty job but someone HAS to do it. mm

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I totally agree with you guys. Im not trying to say cuz Canadians died it's more important, my meaning behind this was its a shame that there is any friendly fire mis-haps, and it's been along time that this has happened to Canadians, and it's big news in Canada right now. I appoligize if I made it sound more important then any other accidents, it wasnt my intention.

Rick

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Not at all. Anytime we (US or CAN.)lose people(kids) it IS a shame. especially when friendly fire is involved. even with all the whizbang gizmos the pilots have to prevent this kind of thing.... sometimes **** happens..........

don:angryfi:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts