Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Rusty Old Cat Transformed... Tell me what you think.. 2 years on long week ends

6K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Seafoam jcode 
#1 ·
Welll when I got her she was in really bad shape. 2 years and no experience learned everything off of advice from others. Pictures are not so good but let me know what you think of the work i did.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Coupé

Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive lighting Muscle car

Vehicle Car Classic car Automotive lighting Muscle car

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Yeah I drive it every day! Yeah I did all the body work myself in that very spot.... and yes the same car, i found it in a junk yard, I paid a whole $230 and that was actually for the motor the body was free it was so bad. The car looked so cool I couldnt send it to the crusher so 2 years and this is where we are...

#9 ·
How many hours do you figure you have in it?

#10 ·
Smokin' deal. Those darker colors will show every flaw,......don't see any from the photos. One thing about fixin' major damage is that, it's easy to forget how bad it looked before,....especially when you have well blocked panels and a nice flow with your paint.
Those damage 'before' photos should be enlarged and framed,....show your pride and drive it well!

#11 ·
We welcome yet another member to ECI status! ;>) Looks great!

#16 ·
its raining really bad here in FL today do I cant take it out but here are some pictures from the garage, Pictures are not that great she looks better in sun light! I will post pictures of her before the make over. I had 6 street signs for floors, no frame rails, and no quarters either. well here are the pics...

Land vehicle Classic car Vehicle Car Coupé

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Classic car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Sedan

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Hardtop

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

#18 ·
6 street signs for floors?!?! Hahaha! Now THAT is some serious backwoods fabrication! I think it looks super sexy! Well done!!

#20 ·
Would you do it all over again? Tell us what you learned!

#22 ·
Nice job! I'm doing a similar project with a '69 for my son. Doing all the bodywork myself. First time. Lot of d**n work, but I'm having a blast. Looks like the previous owners liked to get rear-ended... a lot. Had to cut the tail light panel off and replace it. Found a 1/2"of bondo in a bunch of places. Fortunately only minor rust to deal with. I'll post pictures some time in the future.

#23 ·
looks cool..nice job!

#24 · (Edited)
AMEN to looking for a better one next time.....your time has value as well - I think that get's overlooked quite often. If you add that in you are likely more upside down than you realize! Does a fella proud top know what he's capable of though! Looks very nice and color choice is PRIMO! ;>) (biased opinion of course)

#25 ·
AMEN to looking for a better one next time.....your time has value as well - I think that get's overlooked quite often.
I keep trying to tell that to my wife when she wants me to cut the lawn. But she tells me my time isn't worth anything!

#30 · (Edited)
A black cat needs a license plate that says X MY PATH. I know it's a little backwards from the traditional "...a black cat crossing your path", but the meaning is sort of still there and if you don't think about it too hard, it almost sounds like a warning. Yeah, go ahead...cross my path..

Beautiful job, by the way. I just shipped my first Grecian Gold '68 out from my parent's in CA to restore with my daughter. She asked me to teach her how to work on cars and is willing to help me restore it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.