Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welll when I got her she was in really bad shape. 2 years and no experience learned everything off of advice from others. Pictures are not so good but let me know what you think of the work i did.

DSCN1323.jpg

DSCN1343.jpg

DSCN1346.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Thats the same car? You did very well.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks fantastic,....well done! Interesting placement of post '67 quarter script.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I drive it every day! Yeah I did all the body work myself in that very spot.... and yes the same car, i found it in a junk yard, I paid a whole $230 and that was actually for the motor the body was free it was so bad. The car looked so cool I couldnt send it to the crusher so 2 years and this is where we are...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i did like where they put it originally so i figured since I put this car together I should deside where it goes ;)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
How many hours do you figure you have in it?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Smokin' deal. Those darker colors will show every flaw,......don't see any from the photos. One thing about fixin' major damage is that, it's easy to forget how bad it looked before,....especially when you have well blocked panels and a nice flow with your paint.
Those damage 'before' photos should be enlarged and framed,....show your pride and drive it well!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
We welcome yet another member to ECI status! ;>) Looks great!

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
It looks Great! What a differance. Lets see the rest of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be honest about 2000 hours I worked on it for a very long time, and I had never done body work before so I had to rework things when I and done them wrong..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its raining really bad here in FL today do I cant take it out but here are some pictures from the garage, Pictures are not that great she looks better in sun light! I will post pictures of her before the make over. I had 6 street signs for floors, no frame rails, and no quarters either. well here are the pics...

DSC01370.jpg

DSC01371.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
6 street signs for floors?!?! Hahaha! Now THAT is some serious backwoods fabrication! I think it looks super sexy! Well done!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
6 street signs for floors?!?! Hahaha! Now THAT is some serious backwoods fabrication! I think it looks super sexy! Well done!!
Yeah it looks like the guy went around town taking road signs down, I had 2 stop signs, 1 deaf child sign, and 2 speed limit signs.. hahaha

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Would you do it all over again? Tell us what you learned!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts