Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine was describing a rust treatment in a spray can that prevents rust from advancing. He said it's a light silver-blue when first applied and then turns black during the "curing" process. Unfortunately, he couln't remember the name of the product.

Does anyone know what it is and, if used, what sort of results have you had?

Thanks,

DCL

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I bought a similar product from Walmart for touch up on my trailer. It went on black, and turned red.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds like "Endrust" . I don't know if they still make it but I used it on some small surface rust spots on my rabbit back in the late 80's. Seamed to work as the spots never rotted through but I sold the car in the early 90's. Mike

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I used the Eastwood brand, but have seen it by others cheaper.
Eastwood Rust Converter

<!-- end of code added on 25 Oct 2010 to view the In Stock message -->Rust Converter stops residual rust, and turns it into a black, protective, ready-to-paint coating, without sanding

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Here's one example, but a number of companies offer similar products.

Works pretty well if you remove any loose rust first. Creates a surface that paint will adhere to readily. Seems fairly permanent. Of course, if you put the part back into the same environment that caused it to rust in the first place, it'll eventually come back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts