Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post with you and I'm sure there will be many more to come. I have been a Cougar nut well before I could drive one! I still remember sitting in my grandfathers Cougar in the garage and dreaming of driving it when I was older and when it got passed down to me it was a dream come true for me. I never liked things stock so while in high school and college years I made a few changes like aftermarket wheels. I bought Keystone Classics for it about 20 years ago and now all of the glued on inserts on the center caps are missing. I would like to put some new center caps or inserts with the running cat logo in there but the cheapest I found online was $28/each for caps and I don't know if they would fit right on the wheels. Does anyone know where I could find just the inserts that I could cement on my wheels fairly cheap. Thanks,

Oh, by the way, here is a picture of what it used to look like back 20 years but it needs lots of work before I can get it back out on the streets. Doing a little restore this winter. Side-Drivers.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's a good idea, I don't know where to find the inserts, but I know somebody that did that a few years ago. I also have a set of those wheels with T/A's, but my offset might be different. What size tire do you run in the front ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't remember my offset on the wheels but they are 14X7 rims with 205-70-14 up front and 235-60-14 in rear. I also cut a coil and a half off the front springs to lower the front but I scape my headers on everything and sometimes in corners I barely touch the fenders. I ordered a 1" front spring poly isolator to help bring it back up just a tad but I really like the low front end look.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Hey - welcome aboard! That is one pretty car. So that was your Grandpa's car? How cool is that? Have fun with the resto - keep us posted with lots of pics.

·
Registered
733 Posts
EBay actually has inserts that stick on, just search....I got a set of Mercury Man inserts for my 73 Mach I mag slots on my 68. The inserts fit the centers perfectly in my case. They are the thick semi-soft stick on kind that you typically see on modern steering wheel center emblems....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I'll check into it.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Grab 'em, Don and cut a volume deal!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks...those are exactly what I was looking for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts