Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am trying to make some custom engine pieces for my Cougar. I need to find a two more "running cats" like the ones on the grilles from 67-70. If anyone has a parts car or a busted grill door please let me know. I am sure someone has got one they would be willing to part with. Please let me know if any of you have one, and how much you would want for it.
Thanks,
Paul Garvin
69 XR7 Convertible
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Post pics when its all done, sounds interesting.

·
Registered
488 Posts
don't know why you would want used ones, new ones are available and they have long studs on the back which makes them easier to use. i know Vic Yarberry used to have them in his list and also scott drake mustang made them for his valve covers so i am sure he must sell them as well (he gave me a few for helping him). i know that these two sources developed them seperately but i can't say which is better because i have not seen them side by side. hawkrod

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
John's Classic Cougars says he too has them.
Click Here mid page on the right

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cat Emblems

I talked to John Baumann yesterday. He does not have them and does not know when he will. I am making an air cleaner out of an old "cobra" oval air cleaner. I had the cobra letters milled off of the air cleaner and I am putting the running cat in it's place. I already have the running cat for the air cleaner, but I need two more for the valve covers. John Baumann told me he has the milled valve covers, but does not have the running cats. He said that if I can get the running cats, he can make the covers. His price for the covers was about 1/2 of what anyone else charges for the covers. So I figure I'd try to find the cats and have John make up the covers for me.
Hawkrod,
How can I get in touch with Scott Drake Mustang. I'll Vic as well. Thanks for the info.
Paul Garvin
69 XR7 Convertible

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
HawkRod... I'm I missing something???? I went to the site and saw nothing Cat related... Then again I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning.....

Don

·
Registered
488 Posts
they are manufacturer of repop parts. they are the place that makes the cougar valve covers that are on the market. yes most of what they make is mustang but under the skin the cars are the same and scott spent a good chunk of money doing the valve covers (i know as i was involved). hawkrod

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Oh O.K. I thought maybe he had a secret cougar divsion or something like that ... I have used Drake parts before and always have been satisfied with the quality and price...

Don

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Running Cats

"for a guy asking questions on the internet you sure miss the obvious! LOL the internet has these things called search engines!"

Hawkrod,
About 10 seconds after I posted that, I realized how dumb it was. I found both Scott's and Vic's websites in under a minute. Vic has them listed on his site, I'll have to get in touch with Scott Drake directly as his site only lists mustang stuff.
Thanks for the leads,
Paul Garvin
69 XR7 Convertible

1 - 12 of 12 Posts