Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 1993 Cougar XR7 with good paint (actually did a complete color change from green to black) and a great interior. There's just one problem, the rubber trim around the rear passenger windows is cracked and dry rotted. There's a chrome strip that runs through the molding (if that helps ring any bells for anyone). The lady who owned it before me didn't have a garage and left it sit outside in all the sun and weather. Now it is a pretty sharp car but that is such an eyesore. I've been everywhere to find a replacement. The local Lincoln dealer seems clueless, i've checked countless websites and most of them just specialize in cars from the 60's and older. Also any junkyard i've checked out doesn't help as those cars obviously are exposed to the weather 24/7. The trim doesn't let in water or air, it is just a cosmetic thing that needs to be handled. I'm to the point where i'd pay way more than the parts are even worth just to end this madness. Any help would be appreciated, whether its ideas, websites, catalogs, or whatever, i'll take it! Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts