Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:uhoh: I just bought a 68 parts car last weekend and was fishing through some of the parts today and found these lying on the floorboards. WHat the HEL1 are they!?! :lol2: The guy was trying top switch it to an XR7, he had bought an overhead console and I was wondering if these might be part of the mounting brackets? Or are they just something un-important he wasted time blasting? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scott

·
11,000 Posts
Was there a picture?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW IMA DORK!!!

OOPS! :lol2: Forgot to add the pic! :burnout:
Maybe this will help!
Scott

·
Registered
203 Posts
Scott,
These look like the diagonal braces found behind the rear seat between the floor to the rear deck if I am not mistaken. The mount for the upper console is usually longer as is spans from one side of the roof to the other.
Best Regards,
John Ludorf

·
Registered
588 Posts
Definitely trunk braces. If you pull the top half of you back seat out, I bet you will find spot welds on the axle hump and package tray that match the holes in these.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I've never seen the over-head console braces before except for in e-bay pics and didn't think these looked right.
Oh well, I guess I'll start my search for a set of the overhead braces on the net somewhere!
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts