Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recorded an episode of Car Crazy today and host visited the Jack Rousch headquarters where he interviewed the man himself standing in the room with his car collection. Jack was standing on the L side of a beautiful black non-vinyl roof '68 Cougar and when the camera quickly panned the R front fender and frontend, it was obvious it was the GT-E I had read on here was in the Rousch collection. Glad to see another one survived.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I saw that myself, my wifes hates it when I get all excited when I see a Cougar on TV.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Recorded an episode of Car Crazy today and host visited the Jack Rousch headquarters where he interviewed the man himself standing in the room with his car collection. Jack was standing on the L side of a beautiful black non-vinyl roof '68 Cougar and when the camera quickly panned the R front fender and frontend, it was obvious it was the GT-E I had read on here was in the Rousch collection. Glad to see another one survived.
That's interesting..the Poster I have (of Susan's Black GT-E) shows a vinyl top..Is this yet another one, Jim?

B

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Who is this "Rousch"??????

·
Registered
735 Posts
Jack ROUSH'S daughter Susan brought her Cougar's to Carlisle one year - she has the restored black GT-E and a customized green one with a 410 Mercury engine in it.

She was extremely nice and approachable and I had a nice conversations with her and her husband.

I did asked her "why Cougars" and she told me that when she was a teenager someone in the town she grew up in had a beautiful white Cougar that she saw running around and she fell in love with it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Nope. they just have the two.

·
Super Moderator
11,036 Posts
I believe the second GT-E is much more than a parts car. It was well on its way to restoration when we had the GT-E reunion there a few years back.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Royce is correct. Restoration has not started yet to my knowledge. I saw the car about 15 months ago and it had various trim parts piled into the interior. It is by no means a parts car although the best parts of the two cars may have been used on the black car. The black car is about as perfect as a 68 model can get. The body gaps, etc. are as good as many modern luxury cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.