Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to sell my roller stuff. I have roller lifters out of a 88 Mustang (stock, used), a NEW Comp Cams link bar for retro-fit p.n. 31-1000, roller springs, retainers. I was going to put this in my 289 but looking for a 390 instead. I even have 68 302 2V heads (bare) I was going to use too, so they are for sale. Im tired of people asking me if I have a 390 in the Fairlane so Im pieceing together the parts to drop in a 390. Then I can say, Well, yes I do have a 390,lol.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
3 390s at my local junk too right now. one is in a 67 Fairlane. 2bbl car and 4 doors. need anything for it?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, yah I need a 390, very cheap and running, mounts, rad, driveshaft, etc. Im too broke to buy anything, and would rather trade. Hey, wanna truck,lol.
390 badges would be cool for the hood scoop, console, list goes on. I have nothing for the swap, there are a few local guys here that have some parts but arent into haggling, cheap ba$t*rds. I did find bucket seats and a shifter hump for it, so it begins.
Thanx EH!!

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hhmmm if its in the junk, i really dont know how it runs.... but hey, Half price day is coming up. want some heads for it?? 2bbl 67 390... they worth anything? if so well... half price day and im not telling what ill wind up paying :D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
by the way.... what do you have for trade that i might want?? he he he

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx Steve, but I guess you missed the part where I said "too broke". I dont even have money for coffee in the morning. Gonna be a long week.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
if you have a 9 inch center section lying around for 28 spline axles ill take it.... well if it has 3.50 gears or so .. doesnt have to be a Posi. although i regret passing on that one at Pomona that was for $75. Doh. i can always buy a posi later.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No extra 9 in. sold my last posi on ebay. And Im not stripping my Cougar no matter how broke I am,lol.

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts