Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning up my 68 Camaro and I wanted to take the console out and took the rear bolt out and went to the front and the darn thing is riveted in! Have to drop the tranny! The car was flooded and I'm just cleaning it up. The carpet was new and just needs cleaning and I wanted to do a good job. I can work around that but................

The question is...Is the Cougar's ('72) console riveted in as well? I need new carpet in the Cougar and it is one piece and not 2 like the Camaro.:1zhelp:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I think it's basically one piece that is screwed in to the floorboard. But I used to have a 70 console in my first 73.

Don

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
YOUR WHAT!

Huh, Huh..... Hey Beavis she said Camaro! Dont you know what CHEVY stands for:
a Cheap Heap that Ends Very Young :lol2:
:jump3:

Sorry Kitty, I had to do that...... You know, sorta makes me feel good when I slam a Chevy! :D

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
keep the car nice and clean inside. The 70 parts car i just bought has a console and the darn screws are rusted out so bad i cant get the console out :realmad: so now i`m gonna lose some cash there .
thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Pat, try drilling them out,if the console is any good that is...

Bruce

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
itow

That doesn't make me mad when you slam Chevys. I just love All- American Classic cars. :martian: Call me weird if you want.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found out it is not revited...just looks that way. But, I still don't know how to remove the console.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick

My batteries in my Camera are dead now.:(
I got the beat up, broken console out of Ginger for practice, though. Can they be fixed if they are broken or are they trash?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well the console is screwd in and to remove it you need to also remove the Shifter plate so you can weasle it aorund the shifter:)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dave

Maybe, that's what it is...the shifter plate is on top of the screws. You are a Genius!
When I get a chance to get off the Cougars, I'll look.;)
Did I say "Cougar-s?''.....awesome!:ylsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts