Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on the yahoo classic Cougar discussion board by Jim Karamanis

It is with great sadness that I share this horrible news with you. Jim was a founding member of the Delmarva Cougar Club, long time member of the CCOA and great friend to all in the Classic Cougar World. Jim had suffered for many, many years with Lung issues which finally took his life this past Monday. His family is planning to hold a memorial in VA next month, I will pass on details as I learn about them.

Jim has helped many of us over the years. He was one of the original TCCN contributors. A sad day for our hobby. RIP Jim

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Thanks for posting this Leon. I saw it on JK's FB page & logged on (1st time in almost a year) to post it here in case there is still anyone here who remembers.

Jim Stagner, you were a class act. Thanks for your good-natured camaraderie over the years. It was a pleasure meeting you, getting to know you & having rambling conversations about Classic Cougars & life in general over the course of many years.

You were an inspiration to me during the long restoration of my R code, and mentored us all in respectful discourse by your example in those early message board days.

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this sad time.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Jim will be missed. For the members here who did not know him. He bought a 69 CJ Eliminator new and us to race it is show room stock class. He set many records with it, And never sold it. He was a TCCN contributor as Leon said. He had been active over on the Yahoo Classic Cougars board. He was a class act.
Jim, I hope you get to burn rubber in heven,

·
Registered
735 Posts
Lo those many years ago, a group of Cougar enthusiasts met face-to-face for the first time at a Mercury dealership in Richmond Virginia and formed the Delmarva Cougar Club. That was where I met Jim Stagner for the first time. A laid back Californian with a warm smile, a ton of enthusiasm and 3 killer Cougars. I got my first ride in a CJ Eliminator courtesy of Mr. Stagner (going to dinner one night at Carlisle). Jim and his terrific wife Mary Ann were mainstays at all the DCC functions until Jim's health issue prevented it.

Jim was one of those guys that just didn't seem to have a mean bone in his body.

He will be sorely missed.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts