·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
889 Posts
not me

Ill tell you what im thinking of dumping my 69 XR-7 steering wheel for a nice after market. My car will never be a "factory original" any way.Icould get a real nice wheel and horn kit for that price.Word was at the columbus ford show some guy had them but one person gobbeled them all up!Must have had a lot of cars. Dan

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, dunno man.. maybe got a deal and decided to invest

·
Registered
889 Posts
he can have em

He can have em and my wheel too that guy can play ring toss with em for that price.But a dye in the wool original type guy will buy them Dan

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Ohi dont know i am not doing anything stock i have a mustang hood scoop for my xr7 simply because it was oem and i got it for 42 bucks but one thing i do love about the 69 and seventy is the rimblow but then again mine work and i have an extra

·
Registered
889 Posts
thinking trade any one?

I have a nice looking wood grain all intacked even though the rimblows are different I might be willing to trade-for ROCKER MOULDINGS- the XR-7 crest is mint no cracks any where on the wheel or the soft center which is black i have been looking at alot of other wheels.A new real wood grain is still alot cheaper than a e-bay rimbow. any takers Dan

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
RIM BLOW STEERING WHEELS

Ford created this unique horn system as a selling and safety feature and it was another "bright idea" from FORD. I really like it and most people who are unfamiliar to the Cougar and the rim blow are really interested and think it is a cool option. I will always keep my rim blows intact and working and am very glad to see that someone is making a good reproduction for them. I remember paying $200 for my last NOS rim blow switch.
'KEEP ON BLOWING THOSE CLASSIC RIM BLOWS':D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rim Blow switches

Until somebody makes a resonable priced rim blow switch, here is how I solved a bad switch. I took apart the three spoke wheel and and wood grain plastic. Next I removed the XR-7 emblem in the center and atached it to a horn button purchased from a local parts store. I had to cut of the mounting tabs, but it still fit underneath the woodgrain plastic. Now I have a XR-7 horn button, and I can still replace all parts to original condition when I want to.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I must have one, it is way better than the rim blow i have now.
I once fixed my mustang by mounting the horn button on the floor like a dead pedal / horn. hands free honkin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts