Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Contributing Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi can someone tell me if this is a rimblow wheel or standard three spoke pic isn't the greatest i was afraid to take off the tape not sure what would happen it's in bad shape i think it's plastic not wood Thanks p.s scary thing is i drove with this for about 3months last summer

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
sure looks like a rimblow to me. dont know why its all taped up though.... only one way to find out right?? i dont know why it has that center pad on it though.... never seen one like it before.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
70 Rim Blow

It's definitely a 1970 Rim Blow steering wheel. It isn't real wood. It's plastic that's grained and stained to look like wood. The center section should also be a wood vinyl insert. If I'm not mistaken, the standard non-XR7 steering wheel was a 2 spoke design.

Tim B

·
Contributing Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Horn switch works if that's the switch you mean, it was unhooked (wire ) i plugged it back in an surprisingly it did work, i was curious about the wheel because the one's i've seen had a round center emblem, the tape i think is holding the plastic/woodgrain on thanks

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Rimblow

It looks like a rimblow steering wheel. Looks like the one I have! Mine needs restoring and you can have it done for about $400. You are missing the running cat in the center. Mine has no wood grain look at all. I have a '72 XR-7.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts