Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with the one who unlocked the E-Cat prize? Paul you out there , LOL, send me a pm, no doubt any cougar buff would be linked to this sight & saw the inside track info & gave it a shot, well good luck Paul & anyone else linked in here & as it stands I will donate $100 to this website once car payment is clear & for every $1000 over $19,000 that it sells for I will add an additional $100 to the amount of donation ! So if it goes for $20k + then $200 donation $21k + $300 & so on & so forth, then we will all hope it goes for $30k plus right? LOL.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Why would you donate money to a faceless corporation that could give two ****s about this site?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Mr. Bundy, this faceless site has a multitude of people With faces as interested or more in keeping a good thing going, when I was younger there was no kind of resource other then the ccoa & it was ok but its not like being able to communicate with other owners from all the world & discuss & solve problems together in virtual real time so what I am donating to is preserving the excellent way in which this website allows that to happen.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Jeff - you got moxy - don't lety anybody take that away!! ;>) I hope it goes north of rediculous!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Bad Cat, I just like to tell it from my knowledge & prospective, doesn't really matter what others think or how they feel about it? I may speak out sharply sometimes but I try to get the truth out even if it hurts me or others.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Anyone familiar with the one who unlocked the E-Cat prize? Paul you out there , LOL, send me a pm, no doubt any cougar buff would be linked to this sight & saw the inside track info & gave it a shot, well good luck Paul & anyone else linked in here & as it stands I will donate $100 to this website once car payment is clear & for every $1000 over $19,000 that it sells for I will add an additional $100 to the amount of donation ! So if it goes for $20k + then $200 donation $21k + $300 & so on & so forth, then we will all hope it goes for $30k plus right? LOL.
Maybe I missed something but am I the only one who has no idea what Jeff is talking about here?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bidder on ebay who hit the reserve on my E-Cat, its all lit up green now. ; )

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks 9-7 - Vert, I really thought someone on this site would buy it before I had to auction it, seems like a lot of the members here are into show & this Cat was born to be and has always been a driver but the show potential seems to be huge due to the high options & upgrades package, I personally would like to see this car all dolled for show but isn't my thing to own a car of that caliber.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I could have sold it to an auto buyer for $16k then they put 5-6k in it and list it for 38k to maybe get 28k, hypothetically of course based on the large numbers the retailers are putting out there right now, I just figure I got to make a little off it for what I put into it then whatever someone wants to do from there is up to them. I think its a pretty clean driver car, everthing works with exception to what i listed in add, hide aways sequentials, courtesy lights all work & the car is a blast to drive on freeway especially since I put on the 15 inch wheels, nice top end ; ), if I were a rich man I would never even consider letting it go but times being as they are somethings got to give, hopefully 30 years from now I will still be kickin & drivin my classic '08 Shelby & tellin my grand kids about the antique Cougars I used to own :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I sure hope the bidding has not stopped, It would be nice to see something a little north of 20k & has been my experience that the serious buyers don't come out from hiding until a couple days prior to end. I priced the reserve at what I felt was a fair market value and anything above that is a plus ; )

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
That's about all you can do Jeff - I personally never pull the trigger until the last second - because you get sniped every time on ebay now. I HATE that personally - I think they should automatically push it out 20 minutes for every last second bid - that would force it to be a true "Auction" IMHO....but they didn't ask me!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the truly interested bidders either already have or will put in a timed auto bid for up to what they are willing to pay, since the reserve is already met it makes it easier?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Well Mr. Bundy, this faceless site has a multitude of people With faces as interested or more in keeping a good thing going, when I was younger there was no kind of resource other then the ccoa & it was ok but its not like being able to communicate with other owners from all the world & discuss & solve problems together in virtual real time so what I am donating to is preserving the excellent way in which this website allows that to happen.
I understand the sentiment, but I believe you are completely misguided. Any money you donate to the owners is simply going to be added to the bottom line. It will not be returned to this site nor will it benefit any of the members here. If you're interested in giving back to the hobby I would look into a donation to CCOA or even a local club if you have one near you. But it's your money, if you want to flush it you're free to do so.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has always been a mystery to me as to why some will stand their ground and fight for something they have no idea what they are getting them selves into or who they are getting into it with, Mr. Bundy (may I call you Al?) I make a point to try not to get into a battle of witts with an unarmed opponent but you forced the issue. If you read my rebuttle you would have never rebuttled back, I dont give rats ass about yours or anyone else's opinion on how My money is best spent, so if I donate money to this site to help keep the doors open for members to use it, the owners can wipe there ass's with the money for all I care. Why don't you find a constructive hobby other then putting down this websites masters? don't you have some cheesy beat up car to work on?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Mr. Bundy was simply pointing out, correctly, that your grand gesture will do nothing for this site, for the other users, or the hobby in general. He also made it clear that if you want to flush your money away in that manner, you're free to do so. Launching a personal attack in response suggests an agenda totally at odds with professed support for fellow Cougar enthusiasts.

P.S. It's spelled "rebuttal", for future reference.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, I won't then you all win? LOL, THAT WAS EASY..... NEXT.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And I am so happy for you that you are an English expert Mr. 750, Bravo it will take you far? LOL, any typos? LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts