Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since as you may know by now I will be finally be putting AlphaCat back together after 18 years, I will be getting a bunch of new and reproduction parts. I will give reviews on each of these vendors/parts as I assemble the car.

I have ordered the complete polygraphite front suspension kit from PST (Performance Suspension Technologies). I know some of you may scoff at using polyurethane bushings everywhere, but these are self-lubing so the squeaking shouldn't be too much of a problem. I ordered the full master kit that includes both upper and lower control arms complete with new ball joints, the tie rod ends, idler arm, sway bar and strut rod bushings, spring perches... Like I said, the works!

I ordered are the rear inner fender aprons from Restormustangs.com. These are supposed to be of heavier gauge metal than the Taiwanese stuff most of the other vendors have out there.

I ordered the Master Chassis kit from AMK that should include every fastener, clip nut and bolt on the underside of the car. The kit I ordered is actually a Mustang kit, and there may be a few differences, but we'll see. Actually I know that the rear end mounting u-bolts are different sine our Cats have the rubber insulators and Mustangs don't but I had already eliminated those isolators on AlphaCat.

Also from AMK will be coming the Master Body Kit. That should include every bolt and clip needed to assemble the body. They are going to have to put a kit together for me since the latest kit they have for Cougars is 1970. When I called the other day to order the kit the woman who answered the phone told me that I was the second later-model Cougar owner to ask for a body kit just this week. It shows that the demand is out there (let's hear it for the 71-73s!). The other requestor was asking about a 71, and that will be just slightly different than my 73 because of the front bumper schtuff. They are going to do the research and whip some kits together for us. Nice folks!

Then there will be the carpeting, the headliner, and other miscellaneous things needed to put AlphaCat back on the road again.

I'll try to keep y'all updated as things progress. Chjeck out the reviews section (over on the left column display area of your screen) from time to time. Those two old reviews we have over there are getting a might lonely!

Milo

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Guess I should buy some stuff to review and install on the car eh?

Anyone else who wants to take the time to take pics and document the install of an aftermarket part and send it to me, I'll happily give credit in the posted review... :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I too will have some reviews for you if I ever get going on another car. I do have a line on a couple and one sounds really interesting and I will go look at it in a couple weeks or sooner. mm

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can we post a review even if we don't have pictures?
I would like do do a reveiw on my Performance Distributors D.U.I when I get the Cleveland running.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
headliner????

I just got the headliner for the Fairlane today and will be trying it out. Its pretty much the same install as the Cougar, how about a review on that. I just recieved it from Mustang Market for 49.00US, and it looks great out of the box,lol.

Rick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Updates

I would like to hear more about the removal of the rubber pads around the leaf springs. What mods were required to finish that off???

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would also like to contribute to the reviews. Only one problem,
I need parts to install. Please send parts and or cash to Crazycat .

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'll post a review of all the AOD conversion stuff I just got from Windsor-Fox in the coming months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts