Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody supply me with an actual link to reverse eye or mid eye leaf springs that fit a '68 Cougar? I've gone through a ton of posts and people mention ESPO, Mustangs Plus, Eaton Springs, etc., but I haven't been able to find an actual site where you can see them listed for Cougars. A lot of people here mention that they actually have them, but I still can't find out how to buy a set.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Well i have bought a few times from ESPO, they don´t have it listed on the site, but give them a call, and they will get you what you want, they have great service there :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've never heard of this before is this to lower the back of the car? Who is ESPO?

Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never heard of this before is this to lower the back of the car? Who is ESPO?

Thanks, Michael
Thanks Jan,

I'll give them a call.

Michael,

Here's a video embedded in this link that I just found that explains the differences between stock, mid-eye and reverse-eye springs. In fact, I just saw in the video that Mustangs Plus can make any spring for any car and they specifically mentioned the Cougar. So, this answers my original question too.

http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/1965-73-Grab-A-Trak-5-Leaf-Reverse-Eye-Leaf-Springs-04422.html

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Just a bit of more info, be a little cautious about buying leafsprings from a Mustang vendor, i´ve hear over and over trough the last 2-3 years that they have some issues with the leafsprings, with the centre bolt that goes trough the leafs isn´t all centered on all the springs, you usually get one leafspring with centered bolt, and the other with the bolt off centre, causing your rear axle not to sit straight, i had the same experience when i got a set of leafsprings from Laurel Mountain Mustang, they where so cheap that it would cost me way more to ship them back for correction, so i just gave a call to ESPO, they got it right on the first try :)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I got stock eye on the leafs, 5 leaf heavy duty rating, installed with a 1 inch lowering block milled down to 3/4 inch.
In the front i have a 1 inch lowering springs from Laurel Mountain, but they are too soft, so i have a set of 1 inch lower 620 sprigs from WCCC that is going in, those should bring the front up just a tad compared to the ones on it now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts