Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all cougar people out there,
well it will be my last 3 or so weeks left in the state of florida,to be living here and also to be owning a cougar.It will be the 1st time since 1989 i have not owned a mercury cougar.I will say it was fun while it lasted but truthfully i do not think i will be owning another one at anytime soon or for the matter at all. I moved here with my folks from RI hoping to start a brand new life all over again,only to find out that the jobs around here do not pay like the one i was at in RI.I have signed over the papers to my folks from my 70 vert and will be returning to RI with only my clothes and my 2001 dodge ram 4x4 sport.And recently selling my 70 eliminator to jeff lytle so basically im cougarless.But i wanna thank all the people in my past 13 yrs of helping me out with great deals in parts and lots of information.But i am 1 that has had it very rough here and wish to move back n rebuild my life in RI and to start a family.Again i appreciate all that everyone that has done for me and you will not be forgotten by any means.
thanks and you will all be sorely missed
pat

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Pat,
I'm sorry to hear this. I know it must not havebeen a easy thing to do. I hope things will come together for you. Just don't come to the Seattle area at this time. Things are real slow here. Hope you'll stop in from time to time. Neal.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Pat i am sorry to here about your misfourtune and hope that the future is more promising. good luck

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you neal and greg

I appreciate all that has been said, its a unfortanet that this kinda situation has to come.But if i had a choice id keep it but i wouldn`t have a place to store it and couldnt afford to keep it anywhere since i am starting a whole new kinda living.I have lived with my olks all my life and since i was 16 was heavily involved i cars.And most of my pay was towards my hobby and never though this day would come where i had to give up my hobby for my living.But it happens and now i have no alternative but to do it.Its gonna be quite a while for me to build another car but i rather see someone enjoy restoring the eliminator like jeff lytle and have my folks drive the convertible here.But when i move back i wont have access to a computer so that makes it just as bad so im gonna just go on with life with nothing to lose and everything to gain
thanks
pat

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Pat,
your local library should have acess to a computer and the internet so you might want to check it out. You may not be able to read post daily and may have to skip that what doesnt really interest you for the sake of time but it would still be a way to keep in touch. just a thought sorry to loose you but you will still be remembered and as was once told by someone much wiser than anyone here, "this too shall pass". Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Pat, nice knowing you, and good luck in your future, may it be as bright as the brightest star, and always uplifting. Take it easy:D

Rick

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
A KINDRED SPIRIT

Good luck Pat. I know of what you speak as I am having to move as well for a different reason though. And since it will be a smaller place I must part with two of my Cougar projects that I will miss alot. I am hoping to sell thwm to fellow "Cougar People" here rather than part them out. Glad you found a couple of good homes for yours. I was pretty close to getting them done as far as gathering the parts. We do what we must and move on.
Another old saying: "There is always light at the end of the storm."

Take care and best wishes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts